What does this auto-blipper do ?
- This miniature module provides an fully programmable throttle 'auto blip' when ever a down-shift signal is requested by the rider.
- The signal to shift comes either from the existing clutch switch (Blip Box-Lite), or from a load cell integrated into the gear linkage (Blip Box-Pro)
- There is no re-programming of the ECU and all existing sensors remain in place.
- Data from the throttle grip and the on-board CAN bus are used to determine the optimum shifting parameters
- Just plug it in using the fully pre-wired adapter loom and ride
Race version - Blip Box - Pro
- The professional version 'Blip-Box-pro' still comes fully pre-programmed with a 'blip map' for your bike model but with shift activation from a load cell designed to fit directly to the existing gear change linkages, no new parts or fabrication are needed by the customer.
- This product is designed for race or track users who like the concept of shifting down without the clutch
- This load cell also replaces the standard up-shift switch on the bike so the Blip-Box takes over up shifting allowing a fully programmable shift load.
- Via a dedicated (yet simple) piece of software any user can link up over USB to modify all system parameters enabling custom 'blip maps' , shift loading and many other parameters. (requires additional BB-UCIF programming tool and software)
- Is there any re-wiring? - No, everything is a direct plug in using standard connectors
- Does the box need special mounting? - No it just cable ties to the side of the existing loom on the right side near the ECU
- Are all existing systems retained? - Yes
- Are there any unusual warning lights on the dash? - No
- Can it be done at the Bike Sport workshop while I wait? - Yes but there is no need for professional installation as even the pro version would only take 30>40 minutes to fit.
- What model years are covered? - This kit is for Ducati 959 only, see other products on the Blip Box home page for alternative kits.
- What if my linkage is reversed, will it work - Yes, you can change the parameters for up shift and down shift in WinBLIP software using the BB-UCIF interface tool, but this normally not necessary for 899/1199 as the reverse direction is done in the linkage.
When ordering please add the following information in the text area:
- Road or Race shift pattern (note that if the front gear lever arm on the engine is in the standard DOWN position the load cell set-up is treated as a Road shift regardless of the foot lever direction.